Monday, May 08, 2006

Manic Monday?

As promised, a progress shot of my CTH (Cherry Tree Hill) Twister Waters pinwheel blanket. I'm so loving knitting w/this yarn. However, not much progress since the end of last week since I took some other projects that need to be done w/us when we went out of town this weekend.



It's teacher appreciation week, so decided (at the last minute, of course) to cast on Kate Gilbert's Pea Pod hat (summer Interweave Knits online) for dd1's teacher's munchkin since I had a skein of the Debbie Bliss cotton cashmere called for in the pattern. I have it in grey rather than green, but it'll do. I have 'til Friday morning to finish this thing.

I did manage to get DH to drop me off in downtown Sonora this weekend so I can take a gander at their lys, By Hand Yarn. Very nice and spacious. A great place for me to go when I forget something on our way to the cabin. The price points for the yarn are higher than lys' in the SF Bay Area, but that's not unexpected for her location in a tourist-y town. Got a 12 (or was it 10?) pack of Monkeysuits patterns from her 65% off Grandma's chest. A total bargain. Will post a pic of the 2 skeins of obnoxiously beautiful Artyarns yarn I got from that chest tomorrow. Can't find a pic of what I think is the colorway online so it might be a dc'd color. Depending on what I knit them into, they'll either be totally bangin' or super hideous. It's that bright. Think lime green and bright yellow.

No comments: