Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Felting lesson #1


If you think colors will bleed when dumping a light colored object w/a darker colored object, it will.

If you think colors will bleed 'cause you use a lot of Dawn instead of bit of Eucalan, it will.

If you even *think* your colors will bleed, it will. ;)

While monkey1 was playing next door and monkey2 was napping, I decided to felt my petite FMB's via the BCoD (Boiling Cauldron of Death) method. However, I decided to be lazy and dump both FMB's in the pot at the same time. So of course, the periwinkle bled onto the light pink. Thankfully, the end result was still a cute light mauve. The bigger bag (size 10 needle) probably needed to be felted more, but it was more the heat than any muscle fatigue that made me decide it was good enough and that I was done. Maybe if I'm in the mood later, I'll send the bigger bag through another cycle of the BCoD. And of course when monkey1 came home she was less than please that I felted *her* bags. Punk. Needless to say, I'll need to knit her another set of never-to-be-felted petite FMB's later this week. After I finish my second Pea Pod hat.

And that hat simply didn't want to be made at the beginning. I had to cast on 3 times before I even got to the second row. The 1st time I inexplicably didn't join in the round when I started the 1st row. D'oh! The 2nd time monkey2 got a hold of it and yanked 2 of the dpn's out. Double d'oh! So now I'm hoping I can get the hat finished w/no major catastrophes in time to send out for a local LC's campaign mentioned by the Yarn Harlot.

2 comments:

Becky said...

These look great! Welcome to the KAL :)

Wen said...

Hi, welcome from me as well! Looks great! Love the little minis! Nice work!