Friday, October 13, 2006

In which I refuse to answer the underlying question of how much of a sock yarn stash I have

So this week's Soctoberfest short meme is about one's sock yarn stash. Since I've slowly been posting pics of my sock yarn as I've gotten them, I've decided to go into denial about how much I really have in such a short time and not take a pic of them all together.

Do you have certain patterns planned for some of the yarns? Do you buy yarn and then choose a pattern?

I’m finding as a new sock knitter that I’m buying yarn because I find out about a sale on certain yarns that I remember having good reviews and I respond in a positive way to the colorway. Then I look for a pattern. This is very opposite of the non-sock projects I’ve made so far. Usually I see a pattern then find the yarn to go with it. The only exception has been the Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed I bought from the Article Pract summer sale where I went looking for a pattern (Knit & Tonic’s Not So Shrunken Cardigan).

Does a certain sock yarn you have in your stash take you back to a certain event? (where you were when you bought/received it? what was going on in your life at the time!)

I just started sock knitting so it’s too early to give a substantive answer to this question. Well, I think all the sock yarn I've acquired so far will get remembered as Socktoberfest yarn 'cause apparently that's been my excuse to get them all. ;)

Oh, and pic info:

Top right pic - progress on my Koigu Jaywalkers & a re-start on the CTH supersport toddler socks, this time on size 3 needles. This time I'm doing the lace pattern (Rainbow Knits for Kids).

Pic directly above - STR Rainforest Jasper leftovers on a mini-sock keychain. Waves to tapmouse! The sock blocker key chain was looking awefully nekkid after I frogged the STR Rolling Stone off of it. I didn't remember where I stopped so I'd have to start all over again anyway.

No comments: