Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Cedar Creeks

I'm still recovering from Sock Camp, so instead of folding my laundry I worked on my second Cedar Creeks sock instead. But at least the laundry's been washed & dried.


Cedar Creeks KAL
yarn: Socks that Rock lightweight in Braun's Woods
needles: Knit Picks - metal dpns in 2.25 mm (picot cuff) & 2.50 mm (most of the sock) and 2.75 mm circ (heel flap)
other mods:
64 st for the foot
less pointy toe

Love, love, love how the Braun's Woods knit up in this pattern. Love how it feels on the feet too once I used the correct size needles for the socks to fit my feet.

Now on to my other WIP's including a couple from Sock Camp. Gotta finish that second baby Coriolis sock from Cat Bordhi's Insouciant Socks class. I'll have to re-do the bind-off on the first sock with the EZ sewn bind off though. I was playing around with the bind off I had used for my stole (the k2tog, place back on left needle, k2tog, etc), but I think it's too tight.

I don't know who this pair will be for since Monkey1's teacher will be having a girl, not a boy, and I feel she's a bit too traditional to go blue for a girl.


And my "mindless" knitting from Tina's & Stephanie's class:


This first half is done on size 1 (2.50 mm) KP Harmony dpns and the second half will be on size 0 (2.00 mm) KP metal dpns. To be more correct, I should be using the size 0 Harmony dpns, but that small diameter in wood with medium weight STR and my death grip makes for a snapped dpn waiting to happen.

Tina dyed 5 colorways for this class:
- white/teal (halves)
- white/teal/wisteria (thirds)
- white/teal/wisteria/shamrock (etc)
- white/teal/wisteria/shamrock/baby blue
- caramel/teal/wisteria/shamrock/baby blue

When done, this scarf will be a great visual lesson on how gauge/needle size will affect color pooling in STR yarn w/differing number of colors. (Hint - pooling is not Tina's fault.)

4 comments:

IrishGirlieKnits said...

Love love love your Cedar Creeks!! Thank goodness I bought that colorway when I did!

I love that you are rockin on all your homework! Maybe this weekend I'll be able to make some progress!

Tan said...

That must have been a way cool class with the yarn specially dyed for it.

Kind of jealous, but glad you got to go.

Opal said...

I am absolutely green with envy that you got to go to Sock Camp. Meeting Cookie A is one of my lifelong dreams!

Batty said...

Sock Camp, I'm so jealous. All that pretty knitting, all those knitters, such a great time...

I love the Cedar Creek socks. They're beautiful. I wish I'd bought that colorway.