Monday, August 23, 2010

Buttonhead Hats

Pattern: Buttonhead hat - "super" slouchy size


Monkey2 has a good head shape for hats, unlike me. I'm having a difficult time finding buttons I like with this, so these'll will do 'til I find something better.


yarn: A Verb for Keeping Warm superwash BFL fiber in No. 9 spindle-spun by me! Navajo-plied on the spindle too!


size 6 KP circs
mod: less decreases before the brim to fit my head comfortably


Yarn: Yarn Wench Handpainted Merino Roving spindle-spun by Tapmouse - gifted to me last Christmas, I think.


Happier w/the buttons on this one.


needles: 10.5 mm KP circs
same mod: less decreases before the the brim so it can fit my head comfortably.


And just building up the baby gift stash. Such a cute pattern!
pattern: Berry Baby Hat
yarn: Rowan All Seasons Cotton in Wisteria & Lime Leaf - orphan skeins bought at a couple different lys, I think
size 8 KP circs
mod: didn't do the smaller needle size for the cast on and initial few rows 'cause I saw no need.

1 comment:

Discoknits said...

All the hats look great, but that second one's a stunner. Love the turquoise colour :0)