Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Blog Catch Up

I knew it had been awhile since I blogged, but hadn't realized it's been 4 months. I knew that aside from my secret sample knitting, I hadn't been knitting very much so didn't have much to share 'til now. The secret sample knitting however, are still secret.

The STR charity blanket is finally done! After starting this 4 years ago(!) for our knitting group at work I finally finished it.  When I signed up for this I didn't realize that our knitting group would decrease all the way down to a mere 1 or 2 of us.  So I finally decided that I would finish it all myself.  The blanket has been washed/blocked and mailed to Blue Moon Fiber Arts (BMFA) for Tina to send to her favorite charity.

Pattern: Knitting for Love by Cookie A & Nathania Apple for BMFA (not listed in Ravelry or BMFA's site - contact Cookie A or Nathania for the pattern)
Yarn provided by BFMA: Socks that Rock Heavyweight in Jade (center square & throughout), Count Cluckula, Mr Green Jeans & Thistle - what little was left was also mailed back to BMFA.
Needes: US Size 6 circulars
Dimensions: Roughly 41"x41" 


Also done & blocked over the summer is a darling shawlette that was part of our March 2012 Rockin' Sock Club kit.

Pattern: Perennial by Debbie Stone (aka Cockeye the Sockateer)
Yarn: STR medium weight in Budding Twig
Needles: US Size 5 & 6 KP Harmony circs


Intended for my toddler nephew, but I'm not sure if his face is securely sewn on, so I may reinforce it before mailing it off.

Pattern: Tony the Toy Box Monster
Yarn: Lion Brand Cotton Ease
Needles:  US Size 6



I also finally got around to knitting a baby hat to coordinate with the Lilianna cardigan shown in my last post.


I also made a moss stitch/seed stitch baby beret to coordinate with the Lucky baby cardigan I knit a couple years back.  These will be gifts for the next family or friend who has a baby girl.

Pattern: Moss Stitch Hat by Debbie Bliss
Yarn: Rowan All Seasons Cotton
Needles: size  5 & 6 circs


Last for now, but not least, is a hat/scarf combo that I started while my monkeys were rehearsing for their big dance recital last month.  Monkey2 put it to good use this weekend as we got more than a smattering of snow at our cabin.

Pattern: Comet Tail Hat (free Lion Brand pattern)
Yarn: Lion Brand Amazing in Pink Sands
Needles: size 9 KP circs

1 comment:

dianne said...

After 4 years, I bet you are happy to have that blanket done! How big did it end up being?